Monday 28 August 2017

Stickers

I love stickers.  Especially the shiny metallic ones.  I have feet shaped stickers to record runs.  There are star ones for strength training.  And a whole sheet of dolphins and whales for swimming.  Then there is the special sheet of swooshy stars for recording personal bests (I don't get to use these very often - I think I've had that sheet for three years now and it's still half full).

Shiny stickers

Stickers are great motivators.  When it's too hot, too cold, too windy or too anything else unpleasant the thought of awarding myself a sticker when I've been for a run is almost always enough to make me get my trainers on and go out.  It's almost always the case that the thought of the unpleasantness is far worse than the reality.

No stickers today though as it was a rest day, a proper rest day.  Not one of the days when you rest by doing something different.  It was also this chap's 5th gotcha-day.  As he came from rescue we have no idea when his real birthday is so it's his official birthday; we think he's 7 years old but he could be a year older.


Happy Gotcha Day Marley



No comments:

Post a Comment